- This post is way overdue - our anniversary was in November! I'm having a rare 'at home' day (why is December so busy?!) with Neha while Sam is in Australia and Nidhi is spending some time with my mom in Malaysia, so I figured I better post this layout and letter set before we celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. :D Better late than never, yes?
- Lets say we're playing a game where I say the first thing that comes to mind when the other party says something (ala this scene in Skyfall) - You say 'thankful' and I will say 'Sam'. I'm a hopeless romantic, I admit, and I'm blessed with a good man I call my husband.
- 'Cross-stitched' heart - so adorable, don't you think so? I've been cross-stitching since I was 12. That's a long time. Suddenly I feel ancient. LOL.
- Lots of layering here - but not a lot of work, really. Crate Paper die cuts make layering so easy. I absolutely adore the process of taking my plastic tub (from the dollar shop, nothing fancy) of die cuts and going through them one by one to find perfect pieces for my projects.
- I also got into the habit of stitching my button to the layout lately. I ran out of glue dots - and keep forgetting to buy more. By stitching them down, I can be sure they will stay where I want them to be (and it's definitely cheaper - more work, but cheaper ;))
- My favorite element on this layout, beside that wedding photo, is the yellow ampersand with stitched blue outline. I have a 'thing' for ampersand, I have a hard time not buying loads of stuff with ampersand motifs on them!
- I also decorated an envelope to house a letter I'm still writing to Sam. Yes, you read that right. I haven't finished the letter. What? 14 years is a long time to be collecting memories. Cut me some slack. LOL.