- Before I share my layouts, I think you should totally head over and pick up the Neon Mini Mister Huey's and Neon Sequin Variety Pack. I ordered mine and cannot wait to get them in my hands! :)
Sunday, April 28, 2013
Thursday, April 25, 2013
- I'm quite sure I'm behind trend as usual. LOL. I'm just now loving gold on my layouts. I don't mind though, because my love for gold and the arrival of The Pier from Crate Paper happen to be around the same time.
- I can't put The Pier away, it has been sitting on my table since the day the box came in the front door. LOL. I think you will love it too, look out for the collection at your LSS very soon! :)
- I had the best time working on the main collage of embellishments. I noticed that I'm more of an embellishments scrapper rather than paper scrapper. What about you?
- The Pier has a great selection of embellishments for you to choose from! My favorite must be the Ephemera pack - chock-full of delightful little pieces! Just look at that ready made banner near the 'smile' sticker - yup.. it came like that! I didn't stitch that myself! :)
- Kraft, gold, yellow, brown - they go together so well, but pops of teal and red and dark blue made the layout even more pleasing to the eye in my opinion.
- The background was embossed with Mustard Zing, then misted with Gold Mister Huey and stamped with Versafine in Vintage Sepia.
- Life wise, well. . . baby is on the way. My sister is at the hospital, they're gonna induce her soon last I heard - overdue and low amniotic fluid. Send baby vibes our way!
- Talk soon, okay? I love you.
Saturday, April 13, 2013
- Life is short. Eat dessert first. ~ Jacques Torres
- I may be exaggerating, but I think, in Seoul, you can't walk 50 steps before encountering a coffee/waffle/donut/muffin joint.
- *sigh* good and bad, you know. I love to eat. in fact, some days, I only work out so I can eat more than my suggested calorie intake. LOL.
- I used a lot of Sundrifter for this delicious layout. The happy, sweet colors are perfect perfect perfect! :) Added a flair from Here & There, a brad from Snippets and also an ampersand sticker from Darling Dear.
- I used both Noah alphas, the solid and the outline for the title. The solid Noah is an older set but you can get the outline Noah from Studio Calico. I stamped each alphas twice, purposely offsetting them a little each time, then I cut them out while watching Survivor Caramoan ⇓. LOL.
- *sigh* I miss Seoul. Nomnomnomnom! LOL
- I'm knee deep in pretty papers right now! Wish I can share it with you. Soon okay? soon!
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
- Sharing some tags I made for Crate Paper :)
- Last week, I borrowed "Once in a Lifetime" by Cathy Kelly from the local library and was head over heels smitten with the words expressed in a letter that had been included in the book; a mother's words meant for a special daughter. Upon reading it, I knew right away I wanted to create something like that for my girls.
- Together in that box, they look absolutely beautiful. I keep staring at them! You might notice this already, I love tags. I use tags on my layouts, and I adore them as a stand-alone art. But as a sort of a 'mini album' like this? They're too adorable! I think the kraft base sets off all the gorgeous colors of Crate Paper nicely, won't you say so? :)
- The box is not tall enough for the tags to stand upright all the time, but has a glass cover for you to peek when they lay flat inside.
- All quotes were typewritten by Pearl (that's my Adler Tippa cursive typewriter, btw) and I. Some mistakes here and there, but it didn't bother me at all - part of the charm I would say.
- Here are the close ups for all the tags. Yes, all 10 of them. :)
- I certainly have a feeling that I wil be creating more tags like these in near future. I hope you love my tags as much as I do!