Monday, January 27, 2014
Sharing an old layout with you. Photo from 2008. Layout from 2010.
I remember the day the photo was taken like it was yesterday. I woke the girls up early that Sunday, because we had to leave my parents' and drive home to Singapore. They were grumpy, because they didn't wanna go home.
They were still into wearing identical outfits then. (high school musical tshirts! anyone remember that? LOL) They won't now, even if you're willing to pay good money. Ha!
I decided to stop at the first beach-park we encountered after we passed the immigration checkpoint. And what do you know, that was all it took to bring back my two happy girls. We ran around, played with everything, climbed up and down without a care. Basically we had a grand time at the empty park at 7 in the morning.
The layout itself is pretty simple. Kraft cardstock, spray-misted white swiss dots bazzill, A Hambly Studios sticker, a Prima flower, some rhinestones, a paperclip, some length of jute, a strip of rub on and multicolored stamping for the title work. It made the layout of July 2011 issue of Scrapbook Trends.
Saturday, January 25, 2014
Hey everyone! :)
Welcome to the first Saturday With Sasha! I hope to be on Come On Get Crafty blog every fourth saturday of the month, to share and hopefully inspire you with some craftiness. I have two layouts for today, but maybe I will have tags, mini albums or altered projects in the coming months. I hope to have a little bit of everything! Watch this space! :)
Isn't she the cutest? LOL. That is my niece, Zahra. Such a happy, funny little girl.
I cut out some triangles borders, then misted the white cardstock before I layered two pieces of patterned papers from Webster's Pages Recorded 6 x 6 paper pad on the back. I absolutely adore the smaller scale of patterns on 6 x 6 pads! I personally think they're such a great value for money. At this point - I'm done with the background, so I machine-stitched the white cardstock to the yellow piece. Loving the pop of color the yellow brings.
Now it's time to layer. My favorite! :) I started with the tag from Dear Lizzy Polka Dot collection with a pretty resin bow from Amy Tangerine Cut & Paste collection and added my photos, some slide frames, a wooden frame, Basic Grey Candy Buttons, and also a heart shaped paper clip!
I added the title - Hello Giggles printed die cut from Elle's Studio Penelope bits & pieces and added more brads around it just because I think they look pretty :)
For this second layout, I started with a chevron mask that I used as a template to pierce some stitching guides. Instead of stitching as per normal (short stitches to make one long line), I decided to use long stitches as you can see.
I typed out my journaling on one of the Elle Studio's Penelope journaling tags, then I cut it apart. I don't mind the imperfections because to me, those are charms of using a manual typewriter. I slid the *now smaller* numbered tags in between the long stitches and added just a little dab of glue to keep them there.
I used some of Bella BLVD stickers here, they're perfect for adding little touches of colors here and there. I wanted some black on the layout to balance out all the colors I already used on the layout, so I added the Webter's Pagers camera paper clip and some stamping with black ink. I adhered the camera paper clip with a dab of glossy accent. I always use glossy accent if I want my clips to be in the middle of the page with nothing to anchor it. :)
I hope you've enjoyed this post and will keep coming back for more! :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Sunday, January 12, 2014
- Well, it's past midnight in Singapore, so technically it's Sunday. But it's Saturday somewhere, so we're gonna roll with that! :)
- I'm here to share my first ever layout as DT for Come On Get Crafty - based on this sketch
- If you're thinking - but that doesn't look like the sketch! Okay - let me walk you through it. :D
- I translated the sketch into a 8.5 x 11 layout - so the squares are rectangles on my layout. Instead of circles, I stitched and misted three sun rays and switched their placements a teeny bit. I also didn't mat my photos but I misted the background and stamped a little bit, and instead of small typed or handwritten journaling as indicated by the lines on the sketch - I decided to use up my thickers and that action supersized my journaling maybe 3 fold.
- Well, I guess what I'm saying is that - never feel like you have to limit your creativity just because you're working based on a sketch! :) Play! If it's not fun, it's not worth it.
- Speaking of which, please head on to the COGC blog to check out more layouts from the rest of the girls on the team and also, to link your layouts when you play along for a chance to win gift certificate to the shop! :)
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
- See how easy it is to fall into a habit? And I'm not even a heavy hashtag user on Instagram. :D Nah! This hashtag on my title is gonna go away soon. But for today, it ties nicely with my #goodbye2013 post yesterday! Ha :) ps : look at me, blogging two days in a row. lol.
- So how's 2014 so far? I managed to pour hot chocolate all over the front of my body and just about twenty minutes ago. :D My left thigh and chest feel like they are 1/4 cooked but I'm okay!
- I'm here to do something that I've never done before. I've gotten some requests for this - so I'm gonna *try to* share a silhouette cut file that I made myself and used on this layout -
Here's the instagram image of the said cut file, taken while I was working on the layout.
Download file here : GeoHeart (will open in new window)
- Fingers crossed. I hope this works. Please let me know if you're able to download the file? And if this works, I hope you will enjoy using the cut file for your layout.